Management of osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis in adults: pharmacists
Pharmacists in community-based practice.
Universal program number: 0401-0000-16-011-H01-P
CE Broker tracking number: 20-583784
Activity type: Knowledge-based
To review epidemiology, etiology, pathophysiology, diagnosis and treatment of osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis in adults.
About one out of every five U.S. adults, an estimated 52.5 million adults, has clinically diagnosed arthritis.1 Arthritis is a general term that includes more than 100 different rheumatic diseases and conditions. Arthritis is a disease that is commonly thought of affecting the elderly; however, it affects individuals of all ages.
Upon completion of this program, the pharmacist should be able to:
- Describe the prevalence and clinical presentation of osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis in the U.S. population.
- Identify common risk factors for the development of osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
- Evaluate current treatment options for osteoarthritis to make appropriate drug therapy recommendations.
- Evaluate current treatment options for rheumatoid arthritis to make appropriate drug therapy recommendations.
- Design a therapeutic plan for a patient with osteoarthritis or rheumatoid arthritis using patient specific data.
To obtain credit:
A minimum test score of 70% is needed to obtain credit. Submit your answers to the learning assessment questions online at DrugStoreNewsCE.com. Your statement of credit will be available through CPE Monitor located at NABP.net. To ensure transmission of credit hours to CPE Monitor, you must enter your correct e-PID number in your CE profile.
If you have a question, visit our Frequently Asked Questions page.
All other customer service questions should be directed to DRSNCE@lf1925.com.
Drug Store News is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. This CPE activity is approved for pharmacists and is worth 2.0 contact hours (0.2 CEUs). The activity is available for CE credit through Dec. 19, 2019.
Brittany Hoffmann-Eubanks, PharmD, MBA, clinical pharmacist, Albertsons/Safeway Pharmacies
Brittany Hoffmann-Eubanks and the DSN editorial and continuing education staff do not have any actual or potential conflicts of interest in relation to this lesson.
- 2.00 Pharmacist